Item no. 41250-HD-SW
The Norwood Skid-Winch goes where you want, so you can winch logs from deep in the forest right to the trail, ready for choking and hang-up-free skidding out.
- Hydraulic Winch Motor — powered by your tractor’s rear hydraulic outputs, the large heavy-duty hydraulic winch motor generates loads of constant pulling power.
- Patented Capstan Winch — the heart of the Skid-Winch is the patented capstan winch. A few wraps of the high-tensile-strength rope around the constant-speed capstan give you full control over the winching operation with simple application of tension on the “tail-end” of the rope – Engage the Skid-Winch’s powerful pulling power by tensioning the rope. Release to instantly disengage.
- Built-In Receivers — securely store chainsaw, cant hook and choker chains for quick, convenient access.
- Multi-Function Stabilizer Legs — dig firmly into the ground during winching operations. Reconfigured, they transform into forks that lift and move logs and boards.
- Standard-Equipped Hitch Receiver — for convenient towing operations while the Skid-Winch is attached to the tractor.
Load varies depending on terrain and tractor size and type. Operation on hilly terrain or in wet conditions not recommended. Front-mounted counterweights recommended. Good judgment and experience required. Choker chains, trailer hitch, log hook, cant hook and chainsaw sold separately.